Friday, February 3, 2012

Beast of burden...

...pack mule, sherpa. All things things are another name for a person that is carrying a large amount of physical burden. Carrying all the families luggage through the airport...you're a sherpa. Bringing in the 200 bags of Target items...you're a pack mule. You get the picture. Well, I have apparently decided to make see how much I can deal with this year. 2012 will be the year of the pack mule for myself. I am not sure if that is an official sign of the Chinese calendar, but it is in my world.

2012 is going to be busy. It will consist/has consisted of:

  • Started a new job as the controller of a local bank
  • Signed up for Louisville 140.6 (along with about 8 other races)
  • Will be studying for/taking the CPA exam
I am not usually a morning workout person, but in order for me to get the studying and training in as well as keep as much of a normal family life together as possible, those am workouts will become a necessity.  I figure I will need to carve out enough time each week to have about 10 hours of study and 10-15 hours of training in addition to work and family time. For those that have kids and both train for 140.6 and are in school or studying for some sort of accreditation, how do you do it? Any tips or tricks will be much appreciated.

On a separate note, I can't wait for Spring to arrive.  Really miss riding outdoors.  See you at the races!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain! But with OCD planning every day - now doubt can you get it all done! (OCD triathlete? - never heard of that! :) )

    ReplyDelete