Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

I am sooooo ready for this weekend. Warmer weather means no more gym spinning bikes and no more treadmills. My new mountain bike is coming in this week, so I will be hitting the trails for some biking and running. On the training front, I am starting to get in the groove for Ironman 70.3 New Orleans. This week, yes it is last minute, I decided to change my training schedule up. Instead of 3 days of swimming a week, I am going to try out 1 long swim a week. I am just ok on the swimming front, but decided that I would be better served working on my biking and running during that allotted time. I'll let you know how it goes. I figured we are talking about the difference in 5 or so minutes during the swim vs. better shape on the bike and run. Anyone else try this out before?

On the sponsor front, I am looking forward to trying out Tri-swim, 1st Endurance and Saucony in the near future. Specifically I am looking to try the Tri-swim shampoo and conditioner to keep the chlorine from eating my hair, the 1st Endurance Optygen HP, and the Saucony Progrid Paramont 2's. If you have a chance, go check all these guys out. I also received some pretty sweet Trakkers GPS hats and visors by Headsweats today. Thanks Trakkers! Hope everyone has a great rest of the week....peace and hair grease!

1 comment:

  1. I got a new mt bike for Christmas and am soooo loving it! Hope you enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete