Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Training update...

It is HOT! The heat indexes the past couple of weeks has routinely been in the triple digits and Excessive Heat Warnings have been routine.  Since I am profoundly against dreadmills (would rather barrel roll 5 miles than run on a treadmill for 5 miles), it has been a sufferfest. I am now 7 weeks out from Louisville 140.6 and am feeling overall pretty good.  I will be doing my second 100 miler this weekend and will be getting in a 2-2.5 hour run this week as well. It has been 2 years since I last did a 140.6 , so my memory may be a little fuzzy, but my legs are feeling way better at this point of the game than they did in 2009.  Must be the Recovery Pump and the First Endurance Multi V:)  I do need to get my diet straight in these last few weeks, but other than that, everything seems on track. 

For those others training out in this crazy heat, stay hydrated and safe.  See you guys at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment